You will explore a specific group during World War II. The purpose of this project is to explore the myriad of ways that the war fundamentally changed America. There is an individual and group component to this project. This is your chance to be in charge of the classroom and become an expert on your topic.
Groups (specific examples)
- African-Americans (CORE, FEPC, A. Philip Randolph, Double V, Tuskegee Airmen, Race riots, Migration)
- Asian-Americans (Executive Order #9066, Migration, Korematsu v. U.S.)
- Mexican-Americans (Bracero Program, Zoot Suit riot)
- Native Americans (Navajo Code Talkers, Migration)
- Women (Women in Arms, Rosie the Riveter)
- Podcast (Group project)
- Annotated Bibliography: a list of sources and summary (Individual project)
- 3 Reference Sources
- 3 Secondary Sources
- 3 Primary Sources
- 1 Scholarly Journal
- 1 Scholarly Interview or Video
- NOTE: You must cite all videos and music that you use. Music clips do not count toward source requirements.