Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Hulbert Taft, Jr. Library
Audiobooks / eBooks with Sora
To use Sora to read or listen to our collection of ebooks and audiobooks, just follow these simple steps:
- Download the Sora app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, etc.
- Open the Sora app and tap Find my School.
- Tap your library's name The Taft School.
- You will be prompted to log into Taft's Sora with your library barcode beginning with the number 25225. For students: this is on your debit card. For staff and faculty: if you need your Library card number, email or call the Library front desk (x7780) and we'll give it to you. You will only need to do this once as your device will remember you.
- Choose a title and select Borrow (if the title is checked out it will say Place a Hold).
- You can customize the lending period, font, automatic downloads, etc. in All Settings. To get to All Settings, select the Menu option in the top right corner (the three lines).
See Mr. Padgett, Ms. Taylor, or Mrs. Lovallo in the Library if you need help.
To use Sora on other devices go to: http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/1481729-getting-started-with-overdrive
You can view your Sora account online at https://soraapp.com/library/thetaftschoolct (You will be prompted to log into Taft's Sora with your library barcode beginning with the number 25225.)