Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Hulbert Taft, Jr. Library
SECONDARY SOURCES will have more specific information about your topic.
- Secondary source books are second-hand sources written by scholars which present a new interpretation or thesis based upon a synthesis of primary sources, scholarly journal articles, and other secondary sources.
- Sometimes there will be an entire book, and sometimes you may have to assemble information from several books.
- Secondary sources will usually have a bibliography of materials for further study, including primary sources, journal articles (which are also secondary sources), and books.
RhinoCat is the Library's automated catalog of books, ebooks, and other library materials.
A keyword search using a broad term will yield the most hits.
- When you identify a book that looks useful, click on the book title to open the book's full record.
- Scroll down to Subject(s): and click on a subject heading to find other books with the same subject headings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Browse shelf to see books that sit to the left and right on the shelf.
Search Library Catalog
If you have any questions, see
Mr. Padgett, Ms. Taylor, or Mr. Previti
OR email us at
We're here to help!
See your Islamic Empire's course guide page for secondary sources on reserve for your empire.