Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Hulbert Taft, Jr. Library
If you have any questions, see
Mr. Padgett, Ms. Taylor, or Mr. Previti
OR email us at
We're here to help!
Find Journal Articles in Online Subscription Databases
Full-text articles from leading journals and reference sources, many of which are peer-reviewed. Choose Document type: Article. Look also for Filter Your Results on the top right side of your search results page.
Academic Search Complete
Ebsco's largest periodicals database provides access to thousands of magazines and journals in all disciplines. Limit your search to Full Text and Document Type: Article when looking for articles. Refine your results further by using the additional limiters in the left sidebar of your search results page. NOTE: Citations can be exported to NoodleTools.
Full-text scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
NoodleTools Tips for Citing Journal Articles
To cite a Journal article, choose the NoodleTools option that best describes where you found your source:
- Database = a Taft Subscription Database such as Academic Search Complete or JSTOR.
- Website = a full-text journal article found through a search engine such as Google Scholar.
Next you will choose the type of source you are citing. In this case, Journal.
For your citation you will need:
- a permanent link to the article (also known as a permalink, persistant link, or stable URL)
- information about the article: author, full title, and page numbers of the article.
- information about the journal: Name of journal, vol. and issue number, date of issue.