Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Hulbert Taft, Jr. Library
Each group will be assigned one of the following chapters of our textbook, A HISTORY OF WESTERN SOCIETY by John P. McKay.
- Chapter 17: The Expansion of Europe, 1650-1800
- Chapter 18: Life in the Era of Expansion, 1650-1800
Each group will:
- Construct a detailed outline of the assigned chapter.
- Create a 10-minute PowerPoint presentation of your work – NOT your group’s outline but a group presentation establishing the most significant element of your assigned chapter – consider how might your Power Point be used by your audience to better understand this “periodization” of European history?"
- Design several sample Multiple-choice (at least 3) and/or Short Answer (at least 2) questions to help classmates "test" their understanding. (These questions may be used on our December exam.)
- Answer questions raised by classmates.
Note: You should include quotations from Primary Sources in your presentations. Cite these sources using Chicago/Turabian style.
(from Lifewire, a leading technology information site)
If you have any questions, see
Mr. Padgett, Ms. Taylor, or Mr. Previti
OR email us at
We're here to help!