Each group will be assigned one of the following chapters of our textbook, A HISTORY OF WESTERN SOCIETY by John P. McKay.
- Chapter 17: The Expansion of Europe, 1650-1800
- Chapter 18: Life in the Era of Expansion, 1650-1800
Each group will:
- Construct a detailed outline of the assigned chapter.
- Create a 10-minute PowerPoint presentation of your work – NOT your group’s outline but a group presentation establishing the most significant element of your assigned chapter – consider how might your Power Point be used by your audience to better understand this “periodization” of European history?"
- Design several sample Multiple-choice (at least 3) and/or Short Answer (at least 2) questions to help classmates "test" their understanding. (These questions may be used on our December exam.)
- Answer questions raised by classmates.
Note: You should include quotations from Primary Sources in your presentations. Cite these sources using Chicago/Turabian style.