Skip to Main Content
The Hulbert Taft, Jr. Library
Welcome to your Psychology Final Project research guide!
The Resources tab above is filled with reliable, trustworthy resources you can access on and off campus
to help you research misconceptions in psychology and neuroscience.
Citing Your Sources
A statement from MIT Libraries on why we cite our sources:
- To show your reader you've done proper research by listing sources you used to get your information.
- To be a responsible scholar by giving credit to other researchers and acknowledging their ideas.
- To avoid plagiarism by quoting words and ideas used by other authors.
- To allow your reader to track down the sources you used by citing them accurately in your paper by way of footnotes, a bibliography or reference list.
- Most of our Online Databases provide MLA citations you can copy and paste into your bibliography if your teacher says you may do so..
- You can also use Bibme, Bibguru, EasyBib (or any other electronic citation generator) to create your MLA citations.
- Create a Works Cited page for your project using your Taft Google Docs, and add sources by copying and pasting new citations.
MLA Citation Help: