Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Hulbert Taft, Jr. Library
Books on Reserve
These books may be signed out for USE IN THE LIBRARY ONLY for the duration of the assignment:
- America on Film: representing race, class, gender, and sexuality at the movies / Harry M. Benshoff and Sean Griffin. PN1995.9 .M56 B46 2009
- The Routledge companion to cinema and gender / Ed. by Kristin Lene Hole et al. PN1995.9 .S47 R68 2017
- Understanding movies / Louis Giannetti. PN1994 .G47 2018
OTHER RELEVANT SITES
Taft Subscription Databases
To find reviews and articles about your movie in Taft Subscription Databases:
- Enter your movie's title in quotation marks, for example, "The Shape of Water", in the first search field.
- In the next search field, enter the director's last name.
- Limit to Full Text.
- Choose Document type: Film Review or Movie Review and also Article.
- Using relevant search terms, you can also search for articles about race and gender in film generally. Remember to limit to Full Text.
Peer-reviewed, full-text articles from leading journals and reference sources.
Academic Search Complete
Ebsco's largest periodicals database with access to thousands of journals, including many in full text.
Gale in Context: Global Issues
Integrating news, global viewpoints, reference materials, videos, and more, Global Issues provides information on topics of current concern.
Full-text scholarly journals in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences, many of which are peer-reviewed. JSTOR also contains the 19th Century British Pamphlets Collection and ebook content.
New York Times: 1980-Current
Full text access to the New York Times.
Issues & Controversies
Designed to inspire thought-provoking debates, each in-depth article presents both sides of an issue clearly and without bias. Updated weekly with key facts, arguments, history, primary sources, news editorial content, media, and current context of today’s most important issues.