Citing Your Sources
A statement from MIT Libraries on why we cite our sources:
- To show your reader you've done proper research by listing sources you used to get your information.
- To be a responsible scholar by giving credit to other researchers and acknowledging their ideas.
- To avoid plagiarism by quoting words and ideas used by other authors.
- To allow your reader to track down the sources you used by citing them accurately in your paper by way of footnotes, a bibliography or reference list.
- Most of our Online Databases provide MLA citations you can copy and paste into your bibliography if your teacher says you may do so..
- You can also use Bibme, Bibguru, EasyBib (or any other electronic citation generator) to create your MLA citations.
- Create a Works Cited page for your project using your Taft Google Docs, and add sources by copying and pasting new citations.