Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Hulbert Taft, Jr. Library
If you have any questions, see
Mr. Padgett, Ms. Taylor, or Mr. Previti
OR email us at
We're here to help!
Using Lexile Level to Make Life Easier!
Serving as a representative of your assigned country to the United Nations, you will produce:
- Country Profile (see country profile resources on the Resources page)
- Position Paper based upon the Yale Model UN guidelines (see pdf document below).
- For the Country Profile: a Chicago style bibliography.
- For the Position Paper: a Chicago style bibliography and in-text citations for quotations or references to others' work.
General Search Tips for Online Subscription Databases
Limit results to Full Text.
- Make sure that all the results are items you can access by limiting results to Full Text results only. Databases often include a mix of full text items and abstracts/synopses of items. Selecting Full Text helps prevent frustration.
Look for search terms in article titles.
- Database searches generally default to keyword. Using the drop-down list to the right of the search bar, look for title, document title, or comparable term such as newspaper Headline.
- Look for filters / limiters on your results page, such as Subject and Source types. This will help ensure you get only the results that you want and will make sure you don't have to wade through as many results.
Use AND / OR operators (also known as Boolean operators).
- Use AND in your search when there are words that all need to be in your search results.
- Use OR when there are two words that can be used interchangeably, but at least one of them needs to be present in your results. NOTE: Enclose them in parentheses.
- Use NOT when you want to exclude a word from your search.
- For example:
- coronavirus OR covid-19 OR pandemic returns articles about coronavirus everywhere)
- (coronavirus OR covid-19 OR pandemic) AND Spain returns articles about the pandemic in Spain only.